Saturday, September 13, 2014

Introduction!

 My name is Gianna DeMedeiros and I am 20 years old.  I am in my third year at Rhode Island College as a youth development major with a concentration in youth within the arts.  When I first heard about the youth development program I was a little unsure of what the exact program was and how it worked.  After reading about the program I realized that this program was exactly what I wanted!  I love working with kids but I also love working with elderly as well.  I love helping others no matter what age they are.
Over the summer I did many things.  I got a job at Shaws Market, bought a car and had many adventures with my friends.  Although I worked almost everyday I still went camping for the first time, went to the beach when I could, and tried my best to relax with friends.
I am taking this class because not only is it a requirement for being a youth development major but because I have heard only good things about talking FNED 346 from several of my friends.  When I am not in class I am mostly either working on campus at Henry Barnard in the after school daycare, working at Shaws or trying my best to keep up with my homework along with seeing my friends.  I am looking forward to                                                         see what this semester brings!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Gianna,
    It is so good to have another person majoring in youth development in the class. Like you,I love working with children and one day I hope to become a counselor.

    ReplyDelete